Friday, June 10, 2011

lucky...



I've never been a fan of goodbyes.

I cry a lot. And I am ultra-sentimental. (Example: I bawled my eyes out while walking slowly and lovingly through each room to say goodbye to a tiny furnished apartment my family had lived in for all of a week or so while my dad was in training in San Diego when I was a little girl. I haven't changed much.)

But, life is about living and changing and always, always moving forward. And, sometimes (often), this means a lot of goodbyes. I've certainly had my fair share. Goodbyes to places, to habits, to childhood, to loves, to hurts, to cars, to weaknesses, to homes, to toys, to clothes, to pieces of myself, to friends, to family....

It's never easy (at least not for me), and rarely fun.

But, today, as I say another goodbye, I am thankful. So very thankful.


"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

A.A. Milne


Yes, I am one very lucky girl. And Life. Is Good.

1 comment:

  1. So I just found this blog, and I am wondering why it isn't updated. :(

    Hoping for a response soon!

    ReplyDelete